Saturday, December 17, 2011

Balloon Sinuplasty Day 4

Day 4:

I woke up with a severe case of cotton mouth because of having to breath through my mouth. My lips inside and out are chafed and a little swollen and a little crusted on the corners, I guess it's due to having to breathe through my mouth. 

The nausea was coming on moderately. I called Dr. Raney and he said to make sure to do the saline wash, which I'm doing about five times a day, and that I could blow gently! So I did and I'll be darned, nothing came out, even though it sounded as if it should. He called me in some Zofran for the nausea. The nausea has to be the combination of these factors:
  • Broad Spectrum Antibiotic
  • Hydrocodone
  • Drainage
Later in the day I started having a really bad sore throat, but not like to do with the tonsils or anything. More like at the very back of my palate was raw. I figured maybe it's from the breathing tube, but why would that show up three days after surgery.  I'm still really fatigued and don't feel like doing much and add dizziness from the pain and anti-nausea medications to all of the other symptoms and I'm just down for the count. 

I'm not sure how people are able to go back to work in two days, I didn't even stop bleeding until that night. 


All in all I'm still glad I did it, I'm looking forward to the pressure going away.

6 comments:

  1. I have this procedure scheduled for next Thursday. How are you feeling after having the procedure done a few years ago?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ryan

    I am very happy to say that I have not had one sinus infection since the surgery!!! It was a easy recovery, and that's rare for me. I don't know if you have allergies, but this surgery doesn't help with that. But the sinus pressure and pain is all but gone.

    Good luck to you...let me know how it goes for you!

    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for writing this blog, I just had this procedure and turbinate reduction. Day 4 for me now and I'm still wiped out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just had this done this afternoon. No pain but I have horrible nausea. I can't remember when I'm suppose to start irrigation either...I'll be calling in the morning. I was really out of it...I even got a shot I didn't know about until I went to the bathroom a bit ago.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just had this done this afternoon. No pain but I have horrible nausea. I can't remember when I'm suppose to start irrigation either...I'll be calling in the morning. I was really out of it...I even got a shot I didn't know about until I went to the bathroom a bit ago.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had balloon sinuplasty and turbinate reduction surgery. I am on day 2 recovery and I have this incredible need to sneeze, constantly. My eyes water and occasionally I sneeze. The pain in my nose hurts but it's the sneezing that is driving me crazy. Is this normal?

    ReplyDelete