Thursday, December 15, 2011

Balloon Sinuplasty Day 1

Day 1:

Got to the surgery center at 9AM and was checked in promptly. I was taken back to pre-op within 10 minutes of my arrival and Debbie, RN took care of me. She was personable and did a great IV stick (if there is such a thing). The anethsisologist came in and did a quick assessment, then Dr. Raney came in and we spoke briefly about the procedure and post op instructions.

I was wheeled back a little after 10AM. The anethsisology nurse came in and gave me something to relax me and then it was lights out!

Dr. Raney said I did great and the surgery went well. To be honest, I had a difficult time coming out of the anethsia. I remember bits and pieces but my mother and husband said I was very cranky and very determined not to have on the oxygen meter or blood pressure cuff. Apparently this did not make the post-op nurse very happy with me.  I remember them having packing in my nose and I couldn't for the life of me figure out why because that was one of the major selling points of the Balloon vs. traditional surgery. It was only there for a temporary time, so it's no big deal.

Here are the things so far that have been uncomfortable:
  • Severe headache directly after surgery and day of into evening - took Hydrocodone and it helped.
  • The dressing that you have to wear under your nose is irritating.
  • Wanting to blow and itch your nose but can't. 
  • Cotton mouth to the extreme because you can't breath through your nose.
  • Not being able to sleep normally, having to sleep at an incline.
  • I have had some slight nausea, due to drainage, but Phenagran helps with that.
  • Reminding myself constantly not to pick up the dogs or bend over.

1 comment:

  1. this is simply syndrome of balloon surgery so don't worry i have patient they have the same u can check
    عملية بالون المعدة

    ReplyDelete